Iran is proposing legislation seeking to destroy Israel in 20 years, according to The Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP).
The bill introduced to the Iranian parliament lists the goal of eliminating Israel by 2041 and the four main goals of the legislation include, per the report:
- Exact «decisive act of revenge» on the U.S. for the killing of Quds Force Commander Qasem Soleimani and evicting the U.S. from the Middle East.
- Continue Soleimani’s mission of destroying Israel.
- Counter alleged economic sanctions, which is deemed «terrorism.»
- Install a defiant foreign policy.
The bill, which the think tank predicts will be passed in weeks, brands Israel an «aggressor Zionist regime» as a threat to Iran, vowing to ramp up military operations against Israel and the U.S.
The bill lists Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, and groups in the Gaza Strip as potential allies in the above stated goals, The Washington Free Beacon reported.
Also, Iran will seek trade relations with U.S. antagonists China, Russia, and Venezuela, per the reports.
«The new bill is a good example of Iran’s continued terrorist, anti-American, and anti-Israeli intentions,» according to WINEP. «The regime needs to be held accountable for the bill’s contents if it becomes law.»
The bill proposal comes one year after the Trump administration killed Soleimani in a drone strike in Iraq, a country he had been warned to stay out of.Related Stories:
- Ric Grenell to Newsmax TV: Iran Feared President Trump, Eagerly Awaits Biden
- Iran’s Rouhani: Happy That ‘Lawless’ Trump Is Leaving Office
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.