- Joe Biden’s compromising partnership with the Communist Party of China runs via Yang Jiechi (CPC’s Central Foreign Affairs Commission). YANG met frequently with BIDEN during his tenure at the Chinese embassy in Washington.
- Hunter Biden’s 2013 Bohai Harvest Rosemont investment partnership was set-up by Ministry of Foreign Affairs institutions designed to garner influence with foreign leaders during YANG’s tenure as Foreign Minister.
- HUNTER has a direct line to the Politburo, according to SOURCE A, a senior finance professional in China.
- Michael Lin brokered the BHR partnership and partners with MOFA foreign influence organizations.
- LIN is a POI for his work on behalf of China, as confirmed by SOURCE B and SOURCE C (at two separate national intelligence agencies).
- BHR is a state managed operation. Leading shareholder in BHR is a Bank of China and BHR’s partners are SOEs that funnel revenue/assets to BHR.
- HUNTER continues to hold 10% in BHR. He visited China in 2010 and met with major Chinese government financial companies that would later back BHR.
- HUNTER’s BHR stake (purchased for $400,000) is now likely be worth approx. $50 million (fees and capital appreciation based on BHR’s $6.5 billion AUM).
- HUNTER also did business with Chinese tycoons linked with the Chinese military and against the interests of US national security.
- BIDEN’s foreign policy stance towards China (formerly hawkish), has since turned positive despite China’s country’s rising geopolitical assertiveness.
- THE NEXUS OF CHINESE MONEY & INFLUENCE
CHINESE STATE MONEY
This chart shows the transfer of Chinese state money to HUNTER, via major Chinese financial SOEs
This chart shows the CPC’s cultivation of HUNTER via LIN and multiple Chinese foreign influence organizations.
This chart shows the relationships connecting US democratic leaders with communist leaders in Chinaand North Korea.
While there is official state-to-state dialogue and relationships between US and Chinese leaders, just one or two levels below are connected busines arrangements with their relatives and associates, who are always the personal recipients of Chinese state money.
- HUNTER RECEIVED CHINESE STATE MONEY
There is no apparent reason for HUNTER’s participation in the BHR partnership other than political payoff and influence. Virtually all financial investors or partners are state policy entities, state owned
entities, or only nominally private. The investments flow primarily to Chinese state backed projects or firms. The financial terms, where we have been able to locate specific deal terms, engage in non-normal
business practices designed to funnel fees and assets to benefit a specific party.
There is clear intent by Chinese state officials acting to influence US individuals either in official positions or with close relationships to them. This facilitated use of Chinese state offices and officials to meet HUNTER and arrange for public money via the social security, local state-owned enterprises, and policy bank to fund the investment partnership. Though the investment partnership was not official until late 2013, the key relationships and visits with companies and individuals who would become investors and partners began significantly earlier.
China invests large amounts of financial and political capital in influencing foreign individuals and institutions. Given the personal connection with senior individuals within the Chinese government,
there is absolutely no chance this investment partnership was undertaken as a normal market transaction or that political influence by Chinese was ignored. Notably, key individuals have strong links
to Chinese influence organizations.
Importantly, throughout the Obama administration BIDEN maintained a positive view of China. At an official dinner BIDEN said about Chairman Xi: Mr. President, the many hours we’ve spent together – we have had countless private discussions that go well beyond the typical talking points. And I came away – and I told the President this after our multiple meetings – that I came away impressed with the president’s candor, determination, and his capacity…Both sides accept that we each gain more from working together than our interest – and our interest – where our interests align than working alone, by addressing the differences candidly.
BIDEN has denied any knowledge of his son’s business activities in China or that it influenced any policy.
Given the numerous official trips, Secret Service protection received by Hunter for unofficial trips, quasi-official receptions in Beijing, and press coverage it strains all credibility to accept these denials as
reliable. At very least it is ethically problematic for the children of senior administration personnel to be engaging in financial transactions with foreign governments, a transaction that would be disallowed for the parent. Even if a specific policy was not altered at the request of China, it clearly compromises the public official.